Customers are what keep your business running. Here are useful customer management tips to keep existing customers and keep more coming to make your business gain huge profits:
- Keep existing customers. It´s cheaper than finding new ones. Sales people in your company should keep calling existing patrons. Those in customer service need to be trained in keeping current customers satisfied, too. Operations personnel ought to be aware that customer service is part of their job as well.
- Actively listen to inputs and feedback. What do your customers, suppliers, employees and anyone that comes in contact with your business have to say? Carefully evaluate their inputs and learn from them. Set your ego aside and you can gain insights that´ll benefit your business.
- Make your customers feel special. Treat your patrons like your family doctor treats you. Attend to them with a personal touch- everyone wants to feel special. Focus when you are entertaining a patron and listen to what they are saying. Set aside other concerns for the time being.
- Understand that your customers keep your business running. Just as Bill Clinton in his 1992 campaign said: “The single most important aspect of your business is your customers”. Make sure that your staff understands this and act like they understand it.
- Act on your promises. Your sales people should be able to follow through on their promises. If they can´t meet promises, it´s best that they don´t make them. If they promised a patron that they will deliver 100 gross of widgets before 11am tomorrow, then they better do so. Broken promises are a sure way to scat buyers away.
- Make the customers happy. Train your customer service staff in handling disgruntled customers. This basically includes straightening out customer service messes and calming irate customers. Delight your customers with certain gestures, too, such as putting two mugs with the company´s logo in their package.
- Look outward to customers and your competitors. Focus externally on your customers and competitors, not just your company´s internal processes and procedures.
- Don´t promise what you can´t deliver. In this case, it´s better to under promise and over deliver. Don´t promise too much, but deliver more than what your customers expect. This is one of the best ways to satisfy and keep customers happy and build customer rapport both in and outside the company.
- The customer is your priority. Without customers, you don´t have a business. Everyone in your organization should understand how important the customers are. Customers are to be treated with respect, in the same way that you´d want to be treated with respect as a customer.
- Learn the three essentials of customer service. These are respect, value and a human approach. Apply these in your management to your staff so that you can extend the same principles to your customers.
By the way, do you want to learn more about leadership in your company? If so, download your FREE ebook here: Guide to Elegant Courage Leadership
Jodi and Mike specialize in executive coaching with individuals and teams. http://lighthouse-leadership.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Mike_Krutza